Friday, November 10, 2017

My Life in the Techy World

Michael would be very unhappy if he was here today using his computer, the reception is soooo slow.  Is it the clouds and rainy day, or what??

Anyway, ever since 2003 when I was working in Maryland and a Fema lady and I visited a Bose store on our day off I have wanted one!  I almost bought one then when I had the money but for certain reasons which I now forget I changed my mind.  However, one of the gals in the Branch has one and she brings it occasionally to church to share music and I yearn every time to have one.

So last week I found I could use those unused Hilton Honors Points at Amazon and I thought, now is my chance, it will pay for half of the Bose, this must be destiny and so I ordered the Bose and waited and waited (Amazon said it shipped on Oct 31) and waited.

Meantime the other techy decision I had been mulling of whether to get a new laptop (old one is 9 years old, can't open it, overheats, spending too much time and money trying to get it fixed, etc.) I finally decided I do not want to take my large desktop and all the paraphernalia on my trip south to stay for four months, I just have to have a laptop whether I can afford one or not (story of my life, right--I spend too much money on techy stuff but I doooo use them very well!)  Sooo I bought the Asus after conferring with Michael and Fonda and other research.

Still I was feeling guilty about the money.  But the Bose did not come and did not come and then the computer arrived and the first day I had a disastrous time trying to set it all up...was it me, was my mind not working or did I make a bad choice and get a bad computer???  After a good night's rest and a prayer that the Lord would make my mind clear and bright lo and behold I set the computer all up and I loved it, working great, just what I wanted, love, love it, etc.

Still no Bose and it was Nov 8th, they said to call if it had not arrived by then.  I check the UPS Tracking as opposed to the Amazon tracking and UPS said they had the number assigned but it was not even there to be shipped yet!!!!  Whaaaat????

Yes, Amazon does make mistakes, I finally got a rep and she admitted it was an error on their part and did I want the money back or the Bose, I said I wanted the Bose, but finally after lots of time for her to check with her people she said she was sorry but they would have to refund my money, Bose not available.  But... I told her, problem,...I paid for part of it with my Hilton points what about that????  She checked again and guess what we are going to refund all the money even for the points!!!  Wow, guess my destiny is not to have a Bose to play those 200 cds on but I do have Pandora, and Itunes, and Spotify...and I can upload my favorites and oh, that is good to get the refund and not feel so guilty about spending money I don't have.

And then today, guess what, Amazon did not give me the money, they restored my points back to Hilton Honors!!!  Bummer, money is so much better.  Now back to the books of how to spend those points since I do not travel anymore...actually I did look earlier to see if I could find a Hilton facility that accepted dogs and we could use it on our way down south...but not facility that is accepting dogs!  Why do I write all this down, so I will not forget what happened to my Bose....

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far