Monday, October 12, 2009

Getting Ready for Winter

You can tell that winter is coming soon..
My neighbors on both sides of me and across from me have all been up this week and closed their homes for the winter. I caught Jeff before he left to help me get my umbrella off and put away for the winter. But I put up all my vent guards myself. And put away all garden decorations and trimmed down the perennials.
The leaves are changing colors--so pretty everywhere.
And the deer are hungrier than usual--you can tell by what they are eating. They knocked over the cage around a bush and completely devoured the leaves.
And some late blooming lillies were just ready to bloom--the deer have eaten all but one. I thought the cage around them was high enough--alas it was not. They will probably eat the other one tonight.
Even Bandido had to get in the act, he dug a nice deep hole he could snuggle up in.
But the geraniums look better than ever. Freezing nights have not affected them at all. So what to do with them, see if they can live inside or??????
And, of course, there is still plenty of sunshine and warm days, at least until tomorrow. There is supposed to be wind and rain here and snow in the higher elevations. Yes, winter is on the way but right now it is just a lovely fall day.
I love this time of year in Lake Almanor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far