Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Night Vision, Day Beauty, and TV

I wish I had some night vision goggles so I could see what goes on in my back lot at night. Today I raked the branches from the last storm and it is interesting to see how much deer activity there is out there and I never see them in the day time. Someone is eating a lot of pine cones, too, and leaving big messes on the tree stumps so they must be having squirrel parties late at night because they have been laying low in the daytime. It has been wonderful to have enough rain to soften the ground so I could fertilize a few of my trees--not the big pine trees though, they are on their own.
This is a gorgeous time of year with all the red, yellow, gold, and auburn leaves everywhere. It tried to snow but couldn't last, too warm in the day, and cool at night. Sweatshirt weather.
I have learned the art of watching 3 Primetime 1 hr shows in just over 2 hrs. I switch from one to the other as they are being recorded and erase all the commercials and change channels everytime the commercials start. I only need to do this on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as there are not enough good primetime shows on the other nights. If you haven't gone the DVR route yet, you are missing out on a lot of good TV. I get a real education from much of what I watch by choosing selectively my recordings and then watching when I want.
Movie of the day today was "Elmer Gantry". Thanks be to Ted Turner for TCM. What excellent movies you can see there. They make some of the fluff of today shameful.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far