Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Like A Rainy Day

My plan was to finish my book 'Count of Monte Cristo' today but TCM had such good movies I couldn't turn off the TV. It was either a Paris theme day or Broken Heart theme day because all the movies took place in Paris and all had sad endings. They were all from the 50's and 60's and none were familiar to me, even though they starred Deborah Kerr, Elizabeth Taylor, Van Johnson, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, David Niven, Ingrid Bergman, etc. So, very enjoyable, sad endings and all.
It always surprises me when I watch the old movies that there was still black and white in the 60's and that in the 30's to 60's era there was so much illicit love. I don't know if I just missed it or what, but it is a surprise--thought it came much later.
 



Bandido was a real wimp today. I put on our rain coats and had the big umbrella but I had to coax him to even go as far as the driveway. He is truly showing his age.




























I I I kind of like having my geraniums in the house--will see how long they last.
Anyway the fire has been going all day and it has been a lovely, lovely rainy day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far