Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ghost

What a great way to spend Halloween, watching the 1990 movie "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore.  I don't remember liking it as well the first time I saw it.  Perhaps since I experienced the death of Richard in 1996 and felt his presence after death, I may have related more this time.  Anyway, if you haven't seen it or haven't seen it since 1990, it is worth another look.  Very well done and a lot of truth in its portrayal.  And I couldn't remember much of it so it was very suspenseful.  Sam Wheat's last words were something like "Love, you take it with you" as he follows the light to heaven.  Patrick Swayze's wife was on "Oprah" and referred to their hope of life after death and being together.  Before he died he said, "Now, I will find out."  Someone should be a good missionary to her and explain that they can be together for eternity. 

"GHOST is a love story, a supernatural tale and a murder mystery thriller with comedic moments mixed in, all of which are uniquely blended together to make a superbly entertaining movie."  That is what the trailer said and it is true! 

It is also a story about Life after Death, and Heaven and Hell and portrays that fairly well, too.  I am sure there are many people who gained more hope from this movie than just the fantasy it is described as being.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far