Friday, October 02, 2009

Movies You Must See

Somewhere I read this list of "Movies You Must See" and of course, they are oldies, so you either have to find them on TCM, FX or FMC, etc. or rent them from the video store. I have seen many of them in the past but thought I would attempt to see them all again and see what made them so excellent. Both of these came up today on TV.

'My Darling Clementine' with Henry Fonda and Victor Mature. This is without a doubt the best Wyatt Earp film I have seen. Not so violent as the present day ones. Makes Wyatt Earp more believable as Henry Fonda played him.

Then I watched 'Che' which is the story of how Che Guavara helped Fidel Castro overthrow Batista in Cuba and what happed to Che when Castro took power. Very excellent also. That is two for two!!

Movies to Watch For or Rent:

  • A Man Escaped
  • Adams Rib
  • All That Heaven Allows
  • Ashes and Diamonds
  • Beat the Heat
  • Black Narcissus
  • Breathless
  • Brief Encounter
  • Che
  • Cleaner
  • Deception
  • Diary of a Country Priest
  • Eyes W? a Face
  • Gun Crazy
  • Henry V
  • His Girl Friday
  • I Know Where I’m Going
  • In a Lonely Place
  • Ivan the Terrible, Part 2
  • Kinds Hearts and Coronets
  • Kiss Me Deadly
  • Lady from Shanghai
  • Lars and the Real Girls
  • La Stroh
  • Leatherheads
  • Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
  • Lola Montes
  • Man Who Knew Too Much
  • Marty
  • Murder My Sweet
  • My Darling Clementine
  • Nights and Cabria
  • Night and Fog
  • Now Voyager
  • Open City
  • Out of the Past
  • Pandora and the Flying Dutchman
  • Paths of Glory
  • Pickup on South Street
  • Postman Always Rings Twice
  • Rashomen
  • Salt of the Earth
  • Smart People
  • Strangers on a Train
  • Testament of Orpheus
  • The Bandwagon
  • The Bicycle Thief
  • The Big Heat
  • The Cranes are Flying
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still
  • The Palm Beach Story
  • The Seventh Seal
  • The Stranger
  • Throne of Blood
  • To Have and Have Not
  • Tokyo Story
  • Umberto D
  • Unfaithfully Yours
  • White Heat
  • Wild Strawberries
  • 21
  • 88 Minutes

1 comment:

Linda said...

Mom,
You sing pretty good, why haven't you shared that talent with us. I don't ever remember you even singing in sacrament meeting. You should be in the choir.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far