Friday, September 03, 2010

Gas Leak

Yesterday I was watering early in the morning and it was very still.  I smelled gas.  I thought I had smelled it the night before but this time is was very strong.  I smelled both my neighbor's and my tank and was sure it was coming from mine.

I called in and they told me to turn the tank off (told me how) and then go outside.  Bandido was not in the mood for a walk but I dragged him for awhile anyway and then he was insistent to go back in.  Remembering the story that Myrna had told me about her friend's daughter being in a house in Jackson Hole that had exploded because of a propane gas leak I felt guilty finally letting him go back in the house.  I had my book to read but he was bored sitting in the dirt.

No problem, the house did not explode but there was a leak and the gas man fixed it and checked everything out.  Just in time, too, I barely had time to shower and dress to meet Jean, Mary Anne, Margaret, Sue, and Annette for lunch. 

I had the crispy chicken salad again which is very good and filling.  It is my big meal of the day.  Margaret was turning 85 but looks so much younger.  Where has all the time gone?  I can't believe how old we are.  It was fun chatting with everyone and then a quick trip to Holiday Market.  Saw Melissa's Ex-- Brendan, and he said Hi.

I do feel aged especially when I carried a watermelon up the stairs and didn't lift my foot high enough on the last step.  I fell with the watermelon taking the brunt of it and my shin the rest.  I feel so stupid when I trip.  I just have to hold on when going up and down stairs, that is evident, what a klutz.

Marjorie has an electric chair to wisk her up and down the stairs of her new home--what a great idea!

Maria called and told me about the big IZIGG party at Jimmy's house--which she later confirmed was a great success!!

Oh, yes, since Desperate Housewives is only once a day now, old Ali Mcbeal shows have taken over the other two hours of my TV excitement for the day.  What a life.  I would rather be working...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far