Sunday, September 05, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Church is always fun on holidays.  There are many visitors and today there were so many families with boys and so many of the boys bore their testimonies.  It was very inspiring and impressive.  One of the young boys reminded me so much of my John when he was about four or five.  He loved to get behind the microphone.   It brought tears to my eyes.

One of the men observed than when we were away from our families we always had our ward family and that is so true.  I don't always like to go to church alone but I am always glad to be there and be among 'family' once I get there.

Mona from Phoenix was visiting and she is like a breath of fresh air.  We surely miss her in the Branch.

This morning I listened to a great talk by Dallin Oaks on 'Timing' and how we try to plan our lives but "Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans" as John Lennon (I think) said.  Elder Oaks made the point that it is good to make plans but we should continually do our personal best in obedience and preparation and be ready for the Lord's timing, not necessarily ours, as it is impossible to know exactly what changes will come about in our life.  How true!  How many times have I had to reinvent myself and go with the flow and it does no good to stew about when is the right time to make another change.  I just need to keep my life in order and be ready.

I am in to another great mystery by Harlan Coben "The Woods".  I feel like I would like to know the main character and be a part of his solving the mystery.  Great book!  I really need to get busy on some of my projects--but "I'll think about it tomorrow" as Scarlett said...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far