Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Subject was Roses

When I left home 3 years ago I blamed him for everything that was wrong here. . .when I came home I blamed you. . .now I see that no one is to blame. . .not even me.—Timmy

Timmy was a soldier who left three years ago a boy and comes home a man to a home that is filled with rancor and an undercurrent of disdain and blame for all their unhappiness.

"The Subject was Roses" is an earful of everything that no one should say in a marriage or to their children.  How sad tht a marriage could be so filled with wrong communication or no communication.  It was disturbing but enlightening to see what all the wrong words and misunderstandings could do to cause such sadness.

It was a 1968 play and a 1970 movie with Martin Sheen, Patricial Neal and Jack Albertson.

It really made me think again how smart David and Emma Ray Mc Kay were about relationships and making a happy home together and how the wrong words and attitudes can destroy relationships.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far