Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Read, Read, Read

My reading nonstop is continuing.  On Monday morning I finished my third book read this weekend:  Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers--there is a sequel coming out this fall.  Francine Rivers graduated from the University of Reno and lives in Northern California and is a Christian Author.  I like her writing very much and this book takes a teen ager at the turn of the century in Switzerland until she is a widow with all her children married.  Ms Rivers really brings her characters to life and writes without any extra words.  I look forward to reading more of her books.

Yesterday I picked up five more books from the library and for the fourth time this summer reread a book.  This one was "The Weight of Water" by Anita Shreve.  I see there was a movie made of it in 2001 though I am curious to know how they could possibly capture this book on screen.  I may have to rent the video just to see.  I really enthrall in Anita Shreve's books.  I have already finished it.  This has been a great summer of good books.  What a life!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far