Saturday, September 04, 2010

Promises

Yes, I should be out staining my deck but I am enthralled by yet another new author (to me).  Carole had mentioned she liked Belva Plain so I checked out her "Promises" and Yes, I like her, too and will definitely read some more--not sure why I have overlooked her in the past.

This book was particularly interesting because it treated both the side of "the other woman" and the "wife who is left" by having two different scenarios going on at the same time.    In one situation the husband left a marriage and in the other the husband did not.

Some interesting observations in the book were:

Divorces are so much more complicated and take so much more planning than big weddings...

With the new divorce laws the husband usually ends up 40% financially better while the wife ends up about the same worse...

Over 50% of marriages end up in divorce...

Very few divorces are because the wife is unfaithful...

It is the children who are most affected for the worse...

Don't know how much any of these are true but it was an enlightening book and a 'must read' for anyone who wants to be the 'other woman' or a wife who thinks her husband could never be tempted.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far