Sunday, September 05, 2010

Lady Antebelum and John Updike

There is a great concert of 'Lady Antebelum' I have saved on my TV--I love this group, especially their song "I Need You Now" and they are fun to watch

I have decided I am going to have to read more of John Updike.  The rumor is that he has never had an 'unpublished thought.'  If I want a few laughs I just have to bring up some of his quotes.  This is one I love.

Any decent kind of world, you wouldn't need all these rules.

And especially for us oldies:

Looking foolish does the spirit good. The need not to look foolish is one of youth’s many burdens; as we get older we are exempted from more and more, and float upward in our heedlessness, singing Gratia Dei sum quod sum. (By the Grace of God, I am what I am)

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far