Monday, August 20, 2012

A Lonely Lake

I guess I am really committed to my water noodling exercise.  Today I was the only person at the lake, not even the lifeguards.  There was quite a bit of smoke on the main lake and it was a little cooler, however, the water was warm and smooth as ever.

I thought about the prospect of having a heart attack and no one being there but, heck, my license was in my beach bag and they would see a noodle flooding around and what a nice way to go, in a lovely serene mountain lake surrounded by lofty pines.  Can't think of anything lovelier.

Actually the worst I had was I didn't stay to sit in the sun as there was no sun.  Total smoke cover.  Ron and Jean are supposedly in a mandatory move area and would go to Dore's back apartment to stay in.  However, they don't plan on leaving but have packed some precious things and clothes just in case it does get worse.

It is like a ghost town here.  Weekend visitors are staying away. 

Jeanne wants me to come and help organize her pictures, papers, etc. and so I plan to go, in October.  She said she would pay my way.    Amazingly I can't find a direct flight!!!  Since Reno Air disappeared, the scheduling and service is not as good.  I can ride with Maryanne to San Diego and fly from there.  She is going to Santee and stay at her daughters for awhile after the baby is born.  Two trips in one???  Have to think about it.

Bandido made a big mess in his pen this morning.  I had changed it and gone back to bed and oh my, he was disturned when I woke up.  Mess all over his feet, everywhere on the towels.  He is so happy once he is bathed and his area all cleaned up again.  I think he loves his little pen and all the attention he gets.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far