Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Danny

In 1957 I was in a play at 4th Ward in North Park.  Danny, one of the San Diego locals, played my son.  I had floured grey hair as his mother.   I also remember Danny and I stole a kiss behind the curtains one night.  Danny was the one who brought me a treat when I had my wisdom teeth out.  He stayed and cheered me up and told me about his experiences in Japan.  I also remember my beautiful new white blanket was stained when my gums bled in the night.  I was at the sink drenching my blanket in cold water, forgetting about the pain in my teeth.  Luckily it was white again.  It was also Danny who asked me to go to the Fireside with him the first Sunday I was back in San Diego after spending the summer at BYU after my break up from Bill.  Richard also asked me to go with him after he introduced himself but I went with Danny.

Danny was a good looking, fun guy who all the girls had a little crush on and he eventually married our friend,  beautiful Lani.

Lani and I were two of the BYU graduates who came to San Diego to teach in 56 and 57.  We drove all the way to Utah one Christmas when we were both alone in San Diego.  We had Christmas Eve in Las Vegas as we stopped for something to eat.  It was a spur of the moment trip and we arrived early Christmas morning at her relatives and mine.  Anyway fun memories of those dating years in San Diego--56 to 59.

Jump forward 53 years and Meagan is living on the same block as Danny and Lani and here is a picture of Meagan and Keira at Danny's 80th birthday party.  It is a small world, after all.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far