Friday, August 17, 2012

Who Knew?

We were watching "Man in the Back Booth" on my computer because it was already on the dining room table and had the speakers hooked up.  Twice it died--overheating.  Then Michael tells me he always puts his laptop on two books so it can circulate air in the middle.  Who knew?

Interesting site called "Letters of Note".  I especially enjoyed a letter from Scott Fitzgerald to his daughter in camp on what to worry about and what not to worry about.  There was also one from Albert Einstein on his view of God. (He was an atheist)  And one from Hitler's nephew to President Roosevelt.  He had defected to England in 1939 and eventually to America and warned everyone he could about his uncle.  He wanted to join the US military and had been rejected by them.

I recently watched the whole 2004 season of "Sex and the City".  The thing I like about that show is the disecting of relationships and how the four women accept their own and each other's absolute individuality.  They are good listeners and supportive of each other.  And, of course, the clothes are so fun to see. 

Now, I am in to Reba reruns.  I like the way they can accept each other and make life work for them all.

Last night I slept 12 hours, with help, of course.  I have been stewing about so many things I just haven't been able to sleep.  Maria has been trying to help me with my distorted thinking and I appreciate the time she has put in to it.  We all have so much to learn about ourselves and each other.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far