Thursday, August 22, 2013

Curiosity Leads to Joyful Finds

I have always been a very curious person, which often leads me to ask inappropriate questions, but also leads me to find out very interesting things, unfortunately or fortunately as the case may be, that I soon forget! 

Meagan sent an email about the books by Vilhelm Moberg that her inlaws  were enjoying reading.  That sent me off on a curious search and a start to reading the first book "The Emigrants" on my Kindle.  Then I read about the musical that the ABBA male duo wrote about the books called "Kristina fran Duvemala" and a search for that.

I found the videos on You Tube and love the music, I found it had been recorded in English after a concert at Carnegie Hall, but I like the Swedish lyrics so that sent me to a wonderful find of the interpretation of the lyrics and I printed them out--about 100 plus pages.  Now I can listen to the music and know what they are singing.  I would like to find a good Swedish CD but so far the one I found I wanted is way too expensive so I will use You Tube in the meantime.

However, that sent me a curious search of what happened to the ABBA ladies and I found a lot on You Tube about them and found that Agnetha had made some CDs which I just happened to love and so I downloaded a couple of those to my IPod but then I was curious as to what happened to them and their breakup and that led me to a book to help satisfy my curiosity.  Of course, because they are Swedish and that is my ancestry, too, it makes me more curious than ever.   But I did love the Abba music, introduced to me by Meagan's Mom, as I recall.  And then, of course, I was able to see "Mama Mia" on Broadway with Melissa's Drama Group, loved that, and I have the CD, of course, and saw the movie.  Why is it that I have absolutely no musical talent, but love music so much.

Oh, my, what a couple of interesting days and still so much to read...fun, fun, fun.  So much to learn, to read, to know in my shortened days...

Also in the meantime a former high school friend contacted me and offered me CDs of some of my favorite music, she has a fantastic collection of about 9000 pieces, and many from our youth so she said she would send me what I wanted, I am anxious to get those, too.  I only asked for about a 60 or so of my favorites, though, I am not greedy...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far