Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bridges of Madison County

I made my pies this morning, and I should note it doesn't work to substitute potato and corn starch for flour when making crumb crust.  It just liquifies away.  Pie still tastes good but you don't have the crunchy crust.

Anyway after making my pies I watched "Bridges of Madison County", one of my favorite movies.  Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood are both such amazing actors and I hadn't noticed the beautiful music in the movie.  There are also some wonderful lines in the movie, I want to go back and write down.

I remember the first time I watched it which must have been in 1995 I felt a little naughty liking it so much because it is about being unfaithful in your marriage.   But there is a lot to learn from that movie also in just making your life the very best you can and blooming where you are planted--Living the moment--appreciating the wonder of life and the beauty of the world.  One line at the beginning of the movie was Clint Eastwood  saying:

"I had some wonderful dreams, they didn't all work out, but I'm glad I had them." 

To me this is a movie with such feelings, scenery, music and messages it is a classic to watch again and again.  I wonder what else the author has written.


John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far