Saturday, March 31, 2012

Who I Was Named After

I remember my mother telling me I was named after Janet Gaynor.

Today I watched a silent movie called  "Sunrise" starring Janet Gaynor.  I don't think I had ever seen her in a movie and I did not realize she was a star of the silent films.   This movie was made in 1927.  It is so amazing how much they could emote with their facial expressions and body actions.  You hardly needed the few words on the screen they showed occasionally.

 
It is no wonder I never saw her, she retired from films in 1937 to travel with her husband.

She was one of just a few actresses who successfully went from silent to sound films.  I would love to see her in "A Star is Born"--the original of the remake that I loved Judy Garland in  many years later.

What exciting basketball games today!  And good conference this afternoon.  We had a power outage all morning, but first one this year, life is good.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far