Saturday, March 03, 2012

For the Boys

Last night one of my favorite Bette Midler movies was on.  'For the Boys' was about two peformers who entertained the troops in WWII, the Korean War, and Viet Nam.  Besides loving her singing it was very interesting to see how differently they portrayed the three wars and the soldiers in the wars.  It was a very sad commentary on the last two events especcially.

My memory goes back to age 8 years old when I walked home from school with my neighbor Shirley sometimes.  Her parents must have discussed the presidency of the US alot because Shirley was always a fountain of information about such things.  I remember so well that we thought the leaders of the nation really were amazing and knew so well what they were doing.
I wonder how soon those illusions passed.

I would love to have the respect for the leaders that I had then.  Now it is very difficult to find even a few that you look to for wise leadership.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far