Monday, March 26, 2012

Exhausted

Bandido and I are both recuperating from our exhausting ordeal, both of us walking far more than we normally do.  Him seeking home, me seeking him.  I know I didn't have any sleep Friday night and I am sure he didn't either as he wound his way down hill to the lakeside.

At least we are both sleeping a lot now and that is good.

It was interesting to go online and read of other traumatic experiences of people whose pets have disappeared, some eventually finding resolve and others none.  I can see why people seek others online for similar experiences so they receive some kind of understanding in their anxiety.  When a pet is lost or a loved one leaves, you have the same kind of guilty feeling.  What should I have done that I didn't.? Was I negligent?  Did I not show enough caring and love?

It has been a long time since Bandido has wanted to snuggle next to me like he used to--almost like an Alzheimer's patient, not knowing who he is or who you are, but I have been trying to get him to cuddle more since he came back.  Does it matter to him?  I am not sure?  His eyes are glazed, I know he sees the shadow of my outline but does he see me???

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far