Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hair

I have always wondered how certain famous people always appear to have the same hairdo month after month.  I have never been able to achieve that.  That must be why they have their own stylist travel with them on trips and such.

I have had many different people cut my hair through the years, I have found it extremely difficult for them to keep the hair cut the same from month to month. 

For instance, I had let my hair grow out after a really bad short hair cut.  So when I went to a stylist I have used in the past and I knew was good I went prepaed with pictures of how I wanted it to look.  She complained that it wasn't right for me but she spent a lot of time working toward it and it was perfect.  I loved dealing with my hair all month.  It worked for me!!  Yea, I have found the perfect length, etc. etc. etc. I just need it trimmed each month...or so I thought.

I went back five weeks later and I assumed (Motto: Never Assume) but I assumed she would trim the 1/4 inch off or so and keep it the same.  Not so!!!!  It ended up too short on the crown, too short on the top front, too long in the back for the too short on top, etc.  In other words I went home with a hair cut that does not work and was totally different and shorter from the month before. 

I have found this so true.  They cut that first haircut perfectly and the second one is always too short.  What should I say or do to see this does not happen?  I guess I must take the pictures every time and let them know I do not trust them.

I have also found trying to explain what you want and what they hear you want is never the same.

One stylist did tell me it was very difficult to trim a razor cut so it was the same as last time when I told her to keep it the same and  just trim it.  And, of course, it was not.  Anyway, one of the frustrations of my life.

I just heard noise from another frustration of my life...Bandido is waking up and I must hurry and let him out before he pees on the kitchen floor.  Old age affects all of us in unkind ways.

Oh, yes, Bandido has a too short haircut, too, so we are both unhappy with our looks this month.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far