Monday, March 05, 2012

San Diego trip Needed?

Last week I went in for another zap on the cancerous looking  spot on the side of my head.  Dr Marc made an appointment for my annual this month but he took the opportunity to listen to my carotid artieries. 

The one on my right was "wide open".  That is the one I had surgery on in 2010.  But he said the one on the left is sounding strange and he said I should make that appointment for a revisit to my surgeon.  They called in January and I said I had no idea when I would be down again.  Guess I better make that appointment and also one with my dermatoligist and then head South and pray that neither of them finds anything remotely dangeous this time.

I read an article on 'being prepared' for death at anytime.  Guess I better get busy on my To Do list.  In 1997, after Richard died, I made my 25  list and there are only a few things left to do

Here they are:
  1. Get physically fit to where I can run a mile or longer and feel OK (don't want to take the risk of falling, this will never happen)
  2. Get down to 140 lbs...(that will never happen).
  3. Get rid of my spare tire...(ditto).
  4. Read all the classics. (what are all the classics?)  I have read alot and really have enjoyed them!)
  5. See the Palmyra Pageant.
  6. See New England in the fall.
  7. Go to Branson and see lots of shows. (Not now, just had tornados)
  8. Be a good missionary.
  9. Exercise every day.
Most all the trip things I wanted to do, I did!!!  It is mostly the self-discipline items that are still escaping me but I would say doing 16 out of 25 is Very Good!  It's a good life.

So what were the other 16 I did: Remember Richard had just passed away a few months earlier.  I was still resolving all the business problems and was living in an apartment at James and Camber's Pacific Beach home and Camber encouraged me to write this and put it on my fridg.
  1. Own a home again--English cottage or Mountain Home. (the latter I do, since 1999)
  2. Feel happy.
  3. Feel joy.
  4. Feel contented and secure (it comes and goes like the ebb and flow of the sea).
  5. Go on a Cruise (Did the Mediterranean, Norway to England, Vancouver and Ensenada)
  6. Feel love and loved.
  7. Feel of worth.
  8. Enjoy talking and listening to people again.
  9. Enjoy dancing again (Ok, it is by myself but that is something.  I did dance with two guys though and had fun for a few minutes)
  10. Be able to stop working (Well I did, but it wasn't  because I had enough money).
  11. Have enough money to live comfortably. (I am surviving, given up a lot)
  12. Travel to Sweden (Actually have done it twice!!!) Plus London, Denmark, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Maui, Hong Kong, Singapore, Guam, Germany, Maryland, West Virginia, Texas (several times and places), Florida, Louisiana, Delaware, New York, Colorado, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, Mississippi, Tennessee, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Tahoe, Park City, Rancho Santa Fe, El Cajon, Pacific Beach, Carlsbad, Seattle, Vancouver, Canada, San Jose, Napa Valley!  Life is good.
  13. Read Scriptures everyday (doing pretty well on that--helps to be able to listen sometimes)
  14. Meet Barbara Striesand (No, I didn't but I crossed it off my list as not wanted after all)
  15. Look in the mirror and like who I see. (I've grown comfortable with that old face)
  16. Visit Switzerland (No, I didn't, but I flew over the Alps and crossed it off my list)
So, what new goals do I have?  Have to think about that, still have plenty above to work on.

1 comment:

m. miura said...

I would love to see New England in the fall, too!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far