Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beautiful at Lake Almanor Today!

The weather is so spectacular right now.  It is a shame that everyone has gone home for the season.

We had a lovely lunch after Church today.  Remember Manwich?  Makes great sloppy joes and there were some great desserts, good salads, chips, etc.  We had quite a group there today.  It seems like we are growing again.

My lesson went well.  I have enjoyed teaching George Albert Smith lessons.  I love the way he speaks, so concise, clear and meaningful.  He was quite a diplomat.  I would have liked to have heard him from the pulpit.  Of course, I did, but I was only 14 so I do not remember except that I did get to shake his hand outside the Tabernacle.  It was the 1947 Centennial Celebration of the Saints arrival to Utah.

Quite by accident today I discovered we can make free phone calls anywhere in the US from our Gmail accounts and you can also video chat with other Gmail account holders.  Since I only have two Gmail contacts in my list I contacted Maryanne and we figured it out together and it is really easy.  Problem is I kept calling people and no one answered!!!  Then Maryanne told me it was because the number was showing as a 760 number so she figured it was someone she did not know and I assume the others did that also.

Learn something new every day.  My eye is getting better but I need to figure out why I don't sleep enough because I have big bags under my eyes, yikes!!!

Yesterday I finished organizing the garage and taking more things to the Thrift Store.  I told Michael nobody better move anything to a different place.  Now I need to get rid of a lot of old tax records...  So freeing to get rid of stuff.  I gave all my church videos to Melinda for FH Evenings with their children.  I also have a huge box I am taking to the library but I did keep my favorites.  Still hope to spend time in my office watching some of them from time to time.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far