Tuesday, September 04, 2012

My Favorite Things

It is that time of year again--cool mornings and how I love my new wool sox from Costco.  Eventually I wear through the bottoms but it will take a few years.  They come in packs of three and are wonderful on cool wood floors.

Other current favorite things:


  • Any Meryl Streep movie, "Hope Springs" was so funny...amazing actress
  • Vanilla ice cream and raspberry jam--lots
  • Chris Botti and Sting doing "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning"
  • Bubble baths every night
  • Corn dogs, what can I say, I am addicted, life is short
  • My checkered red quilt
  • Collaged boxes for all my clutter, takes time to declutter
  • Decluttering--my new favorite thing to do
  • Looking at the pictures of my darling grandchildren and great grandchildren, love digital pix and such an easy way to save them to my computer
  • Chris Botti on trumpet playing anything
  • Vic Damone, what can I say, a favorite still after 65 years
  • Big Band music, I keep it on my Recorder for a quick dance to "In the Mood" anytime I am 'in the mood'
  • Yogurt with warmed blueberries, yum, yum
  • Rod Stewart singing the Classics
  • Micheal Buble singing the Classics
  • Jane Brown Sunday School lessons, does she know the scriptures or what, So amazing
  • Wendy's chocolate soft ice cream and I was just given a recipe to try at home--a quart of chocolate milk and a can of condensed milk made in my ice cream maker--I have a feeling it is going to be a new favorite
  • Tootsie Rolls
  • Diet Dr Pepper, especially from the Fountain rather than can or bottle, only occasional
  • Hot Tamales especially with buttered popcorn, old favorite but only occasionally now, I am getting a little more prudent in my old age
  • 'Monk' TV show--so funny
  • Listening to the scriptures and novels instead of reading, technology is so great
  • 'Sex and the City' TV show--love the clothes and relationship logic
  • 'Army Wives'-such smart, pretty women
  • My bedside computer stand...I can write any time I wake up and can't sleep.  Why do old people not need much sleep?  You would think we would need more--of course, there are the naps...
  • Calls from my children and their patience with me
  • Talking to my sisters and friends, we have time on our hands these days
  • Silky pajamas and my Lauren cotten ones
  • Golden Girls array of lovely pajamas and night gowns and robes--what a Collection
  • Having my ipod music put me to sleep every night
  • Linda Ronstadt singing the Classics--esp "What'll I Do?"
So many trivial favorite things and a few important ones, Life is Good!  

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far