Thursday, September 13, 2012

First the Ears, Now the Eyes

Today was so frustrating.  Who knew my eyes were getting so old they cannot do fine work anymore?  I was shortening some skirts (a simple process) but I could not see well enough to thread the sewing machine needle.  Yes, I have had difficulty with this from time to time but I could not do it at all.  I had to wait till Mike got up to do it for me.

Then when I tried to hem my skirt by hand I couldn't see how many threads I caught in my needle.  I got out the magnifying mirror but it was very clumsy to use.

Needless to say I felt very old and very down.  I sought comfort by burying myself under my comforter.  It does help.  I decided to try the hemming again in the morning.  Maybe my eyes will be better then.

I really think there are some upsides of dying young.  At least you never know the despair of feeling so clumsy, and feeble.

I really thought I would use that material I keep saving, I had plans, but not now.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far