Saturday, September 01, 2012

Raccoon Encounter

As that cute little head peeked up over the deck I should have had a camera.  Raccoons are so cute.

I don't know why I got up at 4 AM and wandered into the kitchen, I think I was hungry for a corn dog!

To my surprise Bandido was wandering around his pen and both the screen door and patio door were wide open and the kitchen garbage can was on its side with the contents spilling out on to the deck!!!

I thought that Michael had carelessly walked by and knocked it over and hadn't noticed and then forgot to close the screen door and then...

I see the little raccoon peeking up at me and I knew I had interrupted his foraging.  Question is--was the screen door left open or did he open it himself? 

We often leave the patio door open and just have the screen to let the air in--no more doing that!!  They are too resourceful.

One time the little critters climbed the stairs and had a lot of fun in a garbage I left on the front porch and they left their footprints all over to prove it.  They also went into the opened garage door and unzipped my backpack pockets and ate the nuts and raisens and made a big mess all over.  I wonder where they live?  Probably under my deck but I never see them, this was the first time in 13 years.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far