Friday, June 06, 2008

Fun and Excitement

Speaking about fun and excitement, my grandson Michael called yesterday. There is nothing that brings me more joy than having a grandchild call and just want to chat with their Grandma.
We talked about politics, books, grades, life, etc. etc. Michael is always fun to talk to. And his grades--three A's and 2 B's whoo, whoo!!! Good for him. He plans on graduating in 2009!
Like me, he is looking for ways to make money...Like me, he is enjoying the library. Of course, the library at Sac State has got to be huge. I used to love to explore the library when I was at college. Unlike Michael I would do a lot of my homework in the library. The dorms and living facilities are too noisy. He evidently doesn't have that problem where he is living.
We shared books we had been reading. Like Richard, he reads non-fiction and documentaries. And I bet he remembers what he reads as Richard did. I am so glad he loves to read. All of the grandchildren should be avid readers. Certainly their grandparents and great grandparents were. I never saw my Dad, my Mom or Vida without a book in their hands in the evenings or even the daytime if they were able.
We shared movies we had seen, he sees more than I do and always has interesting ones to tell me about. Yes, grandchildren are great! Thanks for calling, Michael. I am so proud of you.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far