Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Nightmare or Reality?

I was so glad it was a dream! or Nightmare that is...haven't had one like this for a long time. It had all the elements of every worst nightmare I have---
I am lost so stop to ask for directions to a school where I am to teach...
With directions in my mind I start down the stairs and...
I find I have lost my purse that has my keys to my car, my money, name of school where I am to be...
I think I left my purse where I asked directions so I try to find the place again...
I go up and down countless stairs with many, many people on the stairs but I can't find which floor of this huge building I was on...
It is time for school to start, I must find a phone to call...
I can't find anyone to ask to use their phone though there are countless people everywhere...
I am praying frantically all through my search...
Finally my prayers are answered and I wake up!!
Hey, alone, lost, no money, no job...
Why don't I dream about the good parts of my life instead of the bad...
Sunny cool days, time to play, lovely home, neat yard, money in the bank, good food, nice clothes, faithful Bandido, friends and family to email and phone, beautiful scenery out my door, beautiful music to listen to, good literature and scriptures to read, the gospel in my life, big tv with good stories to watch, nice car in the garage--why don't I dream about all that?
So which is reality, what I think I have in the day time or the fears and nightmares in the night? I will ponder that today as I play...

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

I started having nightmares at the end of my trip to india...one really strange one was that someone poured cold water on my back....So weird! I jolted out of bed. Auaugh! So glad I am home with Matt.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far