Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Nights in Rodanthe"

I saw the advertisement of this movie coming out but I couldn't remember the storyline. Sure enough I have the book on my shelves so I have to read it again or for the first time, I can't be sure. It is another sensitive love story as all Nicholas Sparks books are. I read it in one afternoon.
I liked this line, "They wanted to feel peace in their hearts, they wanted a life without turmoil, they wanted to be happy. The difference was that most young people seemed to think that those things lay somewhere in the future, while most older people believed that they lay in the past."
Isn't that the truth? I remember after Richard had his first heart attack I promised myself I would never say, "I'll be so happy when" or "If only" again. We have to learn to live and enjoy the moment and not always be looking forward or backward.
Ha, easy enough to say...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far