Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yea for Wal Mart!

About 13, 14 years ago I told Maria I couldn't imagine what I would ever buy at Wal Mart. Now anything I do buy, is from Wal Mart. Their philosophy on pharamceutical sales must make them the most hated retailer amongst the stores catering to the health needs of America.
This is their statement about health care:
"More and more people find health care, and particularly prescribed medicines, difficult to afford. This is one of the reasons we continually work to take our $4 Prescription Program to the next level,” said Dr. John Agwunobi, Wal-Mart senior vice president and president, health and wellness. “We’re succeeding in our efforts to deliver simple, affordable, quality pharmacy solutions for families struggling with the rising costs of health care. And, our customers – and their budgets – are seeing a dramatic difference."
And they did, 90 days for $10, slightly higher in California and a few other states. Still today I bought my medicine for $14.72 and it says right on it that the retail cost is $99.88. I have been paying over $100! I read also that they include most all of the medicines that are regularly prescribed by doctors. I hope they do put the other companies out of business. When I was working in Texas I saw the expenses of so many elderly and they would have $400-500 in medical costs a month. Outrageous!
Yea for Wal Mart. They deserve our business and they get it! I have mentioned this before but Wal Mart was also the first store ready for business after Hurricane Rita and they stayed open 24 hours a day. Yea for Wal Mart! >

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far