Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lake is Looking Good but...

Yesterday I drove down along Peninsula Dr and into the swimming area. It would be nice if the water were higher but... There are more picnic tables and the beach looks clean and pleasant. I heard over the news that we are having a bad drought and there may be water rationing so I think we better pray for more rain! Driving over to Chester I can see that the lake is actually a lot higher than it was and it looks very beautiful so it should be a great summer, even if the swimming area is not as high as we like.
What really surprised me is all the homes still being built in the Club! Large homes! And it appears there is a hotel being built down by the water near the little miniature golf area. It all looks very prosperous.
Today I just couldn't force myself to go out to offices or do anything worthwhile except to water and walk. I don't know why I get in these non-productive, negative moods, but I do. Then later in the evening I see I have an email from a friend who wants me to edit something. And I dive right in with enthusiasm for having something worth while to do.
So I guess the answer for me is just having something that I HAVE to do. I have always worked better under pressure even though I hate it.
My SBA friends are in terrible weather in the midwest so I can't say I mind at all not being with them. We are having sunshine, no wind, and it is in the 70's.
Another thing I noticed on my drive yesterday is how many glorious flowers and bushes so many of the homes have. I think my problem is my soil. I have planted so much and yet still do not have much to show for it. It is very frustrating to me and...some of the flowers I planted are already struggling! What is the problem???

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far