Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fire, Fire, Fire, Raging all About!

There are so many fires up here there is a continual smoky haze under the sun and it makes the day a strange color. You can smell the smoke, too. However, there are not any fires in Plumas County as yet so the smoke is coming from both directions but not too close.
We cannot burn any fires outside, no fires on the beach and no fireworks anywhere at all. We cannot even burn in our wood stoves unless the screen guard is on the top part of our chimney and mine is not. I have to call the chimney sweeper and get him out to fix my chimney and clean it as well.
I have one huge pile left to burn from the last wind storm we had but my fire permit is up June 30 and I doubt they will lift restrictions by then. Evidently our trees are very dry and combustible. It is very sad.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far