Monday, June 02, 2008

Widows Weeds

I found out yesterday another widow is moving. There will soon be just a few of us left in the ward. Not good. I keep trying to prepare myself for an alternative, but I can't see one yet. I am very lonely but I would be that anywhere and I love my digs here, simple as they are.
Yesterday and today I learned the delicious sugarless puddings make me really sick to my stomach, painfully so. It has to be all that substitute sugar. They have it in the jello also, so I am sure that has been part of the culprit on other days. I found out two of the other older ladies have similar problems so I guess it is just part of old age.
If we can't eat anything interesting and eyes get fatigued from reading and ears miss a lot on tv and muscles don't cooperate, it is getting hard to find something really enjoyable to do. Old age just gets gloomier and gloomier. Thank heaven for the ipod, music, and the computer.

2 comments:

The Massey Family said...

Grandma, you are in such great shape for our age!! I think the artificial sweetener thing affects people at all ages...I know if I have too much of it I get weird cramping and gas...so I try not to eat it.

The Massey Family said...

Also, I will be lonely too this summer...hopefully I will have internet in the village so we can email.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far