Monday, June 23, 2008

It's a Good Life!

Lovely day without a hint of breeze but not hot at all. Yesterday was a very lovely day. Lesson went well. I think I have figured out what I need to do to compensate for my poor memory and fatigued eyesight to keep the lesson moving along. Now if my ears dim we are really in trouble.
We have new missionaries and they both came up and complimented me on the lesson. Charming, good looking boys. On the way out I asked them if they had plans for lunch and they didn't so I invited them over. I couldn't imagine what we were going to have but thank heaven there are things in my freezer. Next time I will be better prepared.
But Elder Nolen, the football player from Tennessee loves to grill and I had cleaned the grill yesterday so he flavored and grilled chicken. Very good. I had some frozen muffins and cookies and veggies. If I would shop on Friday instead of Monday we would have been in really great shape.
Anyway both had charming manners and swept the patio from yesterday's storm (have to eat on the patio with a single lady) took the garbage to the curb, set table, cooked the chicken, very nice guys. And Elder Nolen showed me specifically how to turn my grill on and off and all the little details that guys know. I will have to write it down quick before I forget. I have been wanting to do fish out there as I do not like the smell in the house and I am very intimidated by the gas, etc.
I should have taken their picture, they are definitely granddaughter material. Elder Witt from Chicago will be at BYU in the fall and Elder Nolen will be going to back to Tennessee in a couple years. He is a soccer player but specifically for college he is a football kicker and Elder Witt says he is really good.
Today I was out early and cleaned up all the branches so now I am off to the library for the book I ordered called "Suite Francaise" so I can spend the rest of the day reading. Yea. Oh yes, and I already have my lesson completed and printed out for next Sunday. That doesn't often happen this early in the week. I am either very efficient or just do not have enough to keep me busy.
Mary emailed from Iowa and said it is ridicilous that they need people so badly and I am already trained and not out there. She was going to email Dave to see if he could do anything. She said there were 300 in line in Des Moines yesterday and only 35 to take care of them. You are supposed to only take about 20 min with each but it often takes longer. Even then it would make it a long wait for the people and SBA does not like that. She thinks it is going to be as big as Katrina...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far