Monday, June 09, 2008

It's a Good Life in Lake Almanor!

Like Maria, I was feeling pretty gloomy part of this weekend being alone without Richard at my side and concerned about mundane things. But when I went to Church it was good to be with my lady friends and feel comfortable with them in Relief Society.
And then in Sunday School there was a lot of participation in my lesson and that always makes a teacher feel good. The best thing about teaching is not that I do such a great job or feel so great about my teaching anymore. My memory is fading, I can't always get the words out like I want but the good thing is the preparation each week has been so good for me. I learn so much, even if I don't retain it, the spirit of the truth I teach each week stays with me and I am at peace.
And then in Sacrament meeting Don and Sue told me that while Ron (my home teacher) was gone I should call him (Don) if I needed anything at all. I talked to him about the sand I wanted (he has a truck) and he asked me what for...then said he would show me exactly where I could get some good river rock for my patio and he would come up and see where I wanted my sand and help me figure it out. And if I needed anything else at all to be sure and call them.

Then the Dyer family, who has been such a great asset to our ward, gave some great talks and Fonda told me she appreciated my handouts so much and was saving them for her teaching Book of Mormon in Seminary.

When I arrived home I somehow didn't feel quite so gloomy, I was part of this extended family at church and it was a good thing. Then my children call and talk to me, even little Kelsi was reminded of her 'Maa' and Camber let her talk to me. I am blessed!

Besides while the rest of the nation is being ravished by storms we are peacefully enjoying 70 degree weather with glorious sunshine and no wind. My flowers are growing, the deer are staying away and Bandido and I are each able to take a good walk each day. It is a good life at Lake Almanor for Janet and Bandido.

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

Grandma, I miss you so much! I am hoping I can work out a time to come see you this summer, but I am not sure. Maybe before Matt's sister's wedding?

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far